And always use portable drive to install before internal hard drive. For Realtek id 0139 card reader isn’t supported, a USB SD card reader is handy.
June 07, 2012 I edited the VL kext and I got WPA2-AES, WPA2-TKIP/AES and WPA-PSK TKIP to work with 10.7.4. Ethernet also works. It’s a little tricky to get both of these to work. Use the same kexts of Lion 10.7.4 and add the id address in the info.plist and the plugin folder for the Ethernet. Look at the video, after editing everything just run myfix from myHack 3.1.
Use the speed test I can see the differences among WPA2-AES (true N), WPA2-TKIP/AES (combo) and WPA-PSK TKIP.
Procedure is simple, just update to 10.7.4 with combo update, install all kexts, no need to edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist. The performance difference between 10.7.4 and 10.7.3 is almost the same. The 10.7.4 seems to have lines over the screen more often than 10.7.3 (none).
I will stick with 10.7.3 until someone shows me problems with the 10.7.3 that 10.7.4 fixes.
June 06, 2012 There is a wifi kext IO80211Family.kext that will work with 10.7.4 sent from Vell Design (a reader), but only with WPA and NOT WPA2 encryption. Most of the hotspots require WPA2 to connect. I don’t know if it’s worth it to update to 10.7.4 and lose the WPA2 capability.
May 11, 2012 -Like smart people say “if it works, don’t fix it”, to me Lion 10.7.3 runs perfectly on my Lenovo G770 i5 HD3000 Sandy Bridge laptop, I did try to update 10.7.4 since I have many experimental USB drives to try,
it wasn’t very pretty, the worst part is my AR9285 Wifi kext doesn’t work any more, that’s a NO NO.
- Install Mountain Lion 10.8.3 On Lenovo G580 i5 HD4000
- Update Mountain Lion From 10.8.2 to 10.8.3 On Lenovo G770
- Install Mountain Lion Gesture Trackpad On Lenovo G770
- Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Auto Update With Lenovo G770
- Triple Boot Windows 8, Windows 7, Mountain Lion On SSD, Lenovo Laptop
- Triple Boot Windows 7-Windows 8-Lion 10.7.4 On I5 2500k
- Software For My Mountain Lion
- Redirect 301 dognmonkey
- Mountain Lion On Lenovo G770 i5 HD3000
- Prepare And Fix Dual-Triple Boot With EasyBCD
- Reset Users Password In Lion 10.7.x
- Downgrade From Mountain Lion 10.8 Back To Lion 10.7.x